Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Full Day

Well, the first full day has come and almost gone. I´m still planning on going out for a few drinks with some of my fellow students in celebration of our successful arrival. Least that´s our excuse.

Had my first meals in a Spanish setting. Got a nice early wake up call at the hotel where we were spending the night to walk down for a nice light breakfast. For me, a croissant with strawberry jam and a yogurt. My roommate and I had lunch at our home for the next 4 months. It was pasta and it was very tasty. Our señora is a pretty good cook. Dinner consisted of gazpacho, which I discovered I´m not a big fan of, and some eggs and sausage since neither I nor my roommate really touched the gazpacho. All in all, I don´t think I´ll starve.

Another thing I discovered is that siesta is a necessity. It gets so hot midday that if you´re not inside in the shade with the a/c running, you´d literally melt. Hell, my roommate (named Chris for future reference) and I had to go to an orientation meeting at the university where we´ll be studying around 5 and we still nearly died on route. And I wholeheartedly approve of siesta. It was nice just laying in the room with the lights off not doing anything. Though I think I´ll run out of tv episodes on my iPod before very long. Still nice though.

And last but most importantly, I believe I found my internet source for most of this trip. There is a computer lab at the school but it closes around 8, and honestly, who in the states wants to chat with me around 2 in the afternoon? But I digress...slightly. It´s cheap and close, and open relatively late which is good for my tastes. My roommate and I are still deciding on whether or not we should just share an internet card so we can have it at home. We still need to ask Marisol (our señora).

And with that, my time has expired for this session. Will continue soon.

No comments: